SANTA ROSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — It was a busy morning for Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s K-9 Bloodhounds.
A Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office media release says its bloodhounds, Copper and Zinc, found a missing person and a burglary suspect.
Wednesday morning at about 1:30 a.m., Santa Rosa County dispatchers received a call related to a missing person near Coldwater Creek. A man was dropped off by a family member earlier in the day for a day of canoeing, deputies said. He did not return home.
The man’s cooler and a canoe was located on a sandbar. The K-9 Bloodhounds tracked the missing man through the woods and found him, hunkered down and in need of assistance, deputies said.
The man was able to get medical help.
In a separate incident, the bloodhounds helped deputies find two burglary suspects near Makenna Circle in Pace.
Both suspects, Juwuan Trason Rease and a juvenile, were taken into custody and charged accordingly, the media release said.
- Project around Kimberly Clark includes blast noises
- Coastal showers, warm afternoon ahead
- USA Move-in week begins Saturday with appointments, health screenings
- Steamy temperatures for the weekend, Rain chances slowly rising
- Falwell, Jr. to take indefinite leave of absence, effective immediately, at request of L.U.’s Board of Trustees