MILTON, Fla. (WKRG) — Santa Rosa County’s cold-weather shelter for the homeless/heatless will open Monday and Tuesday at the Ferris Hill Baptist Church, 6848 Chaffin St. in Milton.
Those who would like to stay must arrive between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m. Guests who arrive intoxicated or under the influence of drugs will not be allowed in.
Santa Rosa County’s cold-weather shelter is operated by Ferris Hill Baptist Church, utilizing volunteer resources and donations, according to a media release. It opens each night weather is forecasted to drop below 40 degrees, typically December through March, the release said.
- Alabama veterans home resident tests positive for COVID-19
- Human rights group says detainees at ICE facilities at risk
- Alabama state veterans home resident tests positive for COVID-19 virus
- Latino workers ‘disproportionally’ hit by COVID-19 layoffs, business closings, leaders say
- Coronavirus response: More help on way for small businesses, lawmakers say