PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — The Pensacola Police Department (PPD) named their newest K9 officer “Jones” after one of their fallen brothers.
PPD says Officer Curtis Jones was responding to a burglary in progress on June 27, 1980 at Palafox and Bobe Streets, his cruiser left the roadway and struck a building. Officer Jones lost his life that day.
K9 officer Jones joins K9s Cross and Taylor as a tribute to those officers who lost their life in service to your City.
- More than 300 universities across the US requiring students to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Carnival Sensation welcomed into its new home in the Port City, cruises could resume as early as July
- Two arrested in Citronelle after search warrant leads to discovery of ecstasy, narcotics
- Montgomery father to face capital murder charges in death of infant son
- Sunny Skies and Low Humidity