PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — The Pensacola Police Department (PPD) named their newest K9 officer “Jones” after one of their fallen brothers.
PPD says Officer Curtis Jones was responding to a burglary in progress on June 27, 1980 at Palafox and Bobe Streets, his cruiser left the roadway and struck a building. Officer Jones lost his life that day.
K9 officer Jones joins K9s Cross and Taylor as a tribute to those officers who lost their life in service to your City.
- Mobile Mask: Saraland’s Krewe of Sparta proposes ‘inside-out’ parade
- WATCH: Biologists remove rope and rebar from antlers of buck
- Pharaohs Mystic Society cancels 2021 Mardi Gras parade and ball
- Manager tells customer over mask controversy: ‘You are not the mask police’
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets