PENSACOLA, Fla. Some takeaways from today’s press conference at the Escambia County Emergency Operations Center:
Gulf Power Company- 95% of customers should have power back on by Tuesday (9/22). Crews are working around the clock to restore electricity.
If you don’t have a specific need or place to be, stay off the roads. Traffic is keeping power crews and debris-clearing crews from doing their jobs.
Boil water notice: ECUA has issued a county-wide boil water notice. Since sewer treatment plants and lift stations lost power in the storm, water may be contaminated. Get water to a rolling boil for at least a minute, or add 8 drops of unscented bleach per gallon of water. Also, try and conserve water.
Garbage pickup: Because of debris and traffic issues, no ECUA garbage pickup until at least Monday.
- Americans sweet on chocolate, baked goods during pandemic, study finds
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- Police searching for missing Indiana children who may be in Montgomery area