PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — The Pensacola Police Department is warning residents of scammers posing as police officers.
PPD public information officer Mike Wood said the scammers have been calling residents claiming to be “Lt. Matt Coverdale of the Pensacola Police Department.”
“They are telling the victim a warrant has been issued for their arrest, and they must pay in order for the warrant to be recalled,” Wood said, adding the scammers are also claiming to be judges.
The scammers are using PPD’s number to make the call seem legitimate.
Wood says anyone who receives this call should contact Pensacola Police.
- MPD: Woman cut with knife during fight outside her mother’s home on Cotton Street
- Curfew lifted for unincorporated areas of Baldwin County
- Happiness class — free online — is most popular at Yale, especially during pandemic
- “Thriller Nights of Light” to kickoff Friday in Mobile at Hank Aaron Stadium
- ESPN: NFL doctor accidentally punctured QB’s lung