PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Pensacola Police are investigating the vandalism of the monument in Lee Square.
Crews were on site Tuesday morning cleaning the statue.
Pensacola City council is supposed to vote on whether to take down the monument July 14. The council is also considering renaming Lee Square “Florida Square.”
- Have the umbrellas ready to go with higher rain chances through the end of the week
- A friendship to remember: A failed cattle dog and a downed calf won’t leave each other’s side
- The pyramids re-open to visitors
- Rescued sea turtles released
- Ducklings get a helping hand from police