UPDATE 1/26/20 9:59 AM: Pensacola Police have identified the woman they say led police on a miles-long chase Friday night. 38-year-old Brandy Cartwright was booked into the Escambia County jail. She’s being held without bond. Her charges including running from police, resisting an officer, traffic violations and possession of drug paraphernalia. A police spokesman said she was also charged with attaching a tag not assigned to a vehicle and had an active warrant for her arrest.
ORIGINAL STORY: ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A Pensacola Police chase ended on Pine Forest Road near Cope Lane Friday evening.
Police say the chase began on R Street and Cervantes Street after an officer attempted a traffic stop.
Police say the driver stopped and a passenger left the vehicle. The driver then attempted to hit the officer with her vehicle and fled the scene. Officers then pursued the vehicle.
Police were able to “bump” the car to terminate the pursuit. The female suspect was taken into custody.
Police say there are no injuries reported.
- Man accused of raping 11-year-old arrested after leaving pregnant victim at ER, sheriff’s office says
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- Virginia Veteran has winning encounter with Prince Harry at Invictus Games, and the picture to prove it
- Warm and more humid evening, Storm chances rising by Friday
- CDC redefines COVID-19 close contact, adds brief encounters