UPDATE 1/26/20 9:59 AM: Pensacola Police have identified the woman they say led police on a miles-long chase Friday night. 38-year-old Brandy Cartwright was booked into the Escambia County jail. She’s being held without bond. Her charges including running from police, resisting an officer, traffic violations and possession of drug paraphernalia. A police spokesman said she was also charged with attaching a tag not assigned to a vehicle and had an active warrant for her arrest.
ORIGINAL STORY: ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A Pensacola Police chase ended on Pine Forest Road near Cope Lane Friday evening.
Police say the chase began on R Street and Cervantes Street after an officer attempted a traffic stop.
Police say the driver stopped and a passenger left the vehicle. The driver then attempted to hit the officer with her vehicle and fled the scene. Officers then pursued the vehicle.
Police were able to “bump” the car to terminate the pursuit. The female suspect was taken into custody.
Police say there are no injuries reported.
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed in death of Mobile boy with special needs
- Husband hides symptoms to visit wife in maternity ward, Strong Hospital officials say
- Thomasville opens landfill for storm debris
- Al. Attorney General announces partnership with eBay to fight price-gouging
- Baja California state troops to get keep people indoors, prevent spread of COVID-19