PENASCOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A Florida man has been sentenced after he pleaded guilty to receiving and trying to distribute child pornography.
58-year-old Thomas E. Turner of Niceville pleaded guilty to knowingly receiving and trying to receive materials containing pornographic images of children in March 18, 2011 and November 27, 2018.
He also tried to distribute explicit pictures of minors between May 7 and 9 of 2018.
Turner was arrested after law enforcement officers in Canada discovered he had tried to communicate with a minor on social media.
Turner was forced to turn over all pornographic items and anything he used to create and distribute sexually explicit pictures of children, including computer software, hard drives, printers, and tapes.
Turner was sentenced to spend 70 months in federal prison.
- Mobile Mask: Saraland’s Krewe of Sparta proposes ‘inside-out’ parade
- WATCH: Biologists remove rope and rebar from antlers of buck
- Pharaohs Mystic Society cancels 2021 Mardi Gras parade and ball
- Manager tells customer over mask controversy: ‘You are not the mask police’
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets