PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Gas prices are higher this holiday season than last year, but Pensacola has Florida’s lowest prices, according to AAA – The Auto Club Group.
Florida drivers are now paying an average price of $2.52 per gallon for regular gasoline. The state average is 9 cents more than a week ago, and 24 cents per gallon more than last year.
Florida drivers are paying nearly $4 more for a tank of gasoline than they did this time last year. Still, the average fill up costs $4.50 less than it did earlier this year, when prices hit their 2019 peak in April.
Pensacola is Florida’s least expensive metro area with prices averaging $2.37. Crestview-Fort Walton beach is next at $2.42. West Palm Beach-Boca Raton has the state’s highest gas at $2.62 per gallon.
Daily gas price averages can be found here.
- Updated NOAA Forecast Calling for an “Extremely Active” Season
- 9-year-old Florida boy saves dad who fractured neck in diving accident
- Newsfeed Now: Justice during a pandemic; beer movement goes national
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties and other gatherings
- Tennessee Family celebrates grandmother battling COVID-19