MARY ESTHER, Fla. (WKRG) — Joseph Matey, 47, was accused of keeping a teen out of school to help care for an incapacitated individual.
The victim was forced to spend 14 hours monitoring medical equipment such as a ventilator and checking vital signs, as well as feeding and caring for the individual’s needs.
Matey supposedly made the teen also work alongside him, depriving the victim of sleep.
A licensed psychologist reported the teen shows signs of “educational deprivation” and mental injury due to what Matey possibly put them through.
- WATCH: Trump supporters rally outside the office of Democratic Senator Doug Jones
- Convicted killer pleads not guilty to shooting Mobile clerk while on probation
- Gulf Shores Police want help to identity this woman
- Online state surplus property auction set for this week
- Big Game Bound: Live at 1pm ET with Hall of Fame RB Barry Sanders