MARY ESTHER, Fla. (WKRG) — Joseph Matey, 47, was accused of keeping a teen out of school to help care for an incapacitated individual.
The victim was forced to spend 14 hours monitoring medical equipment such as a ventilator and checking vital signs, as well as feeding and caring for the individual’s needs.
Matey supposedly made the teen also work alongside him, depriving the victim of sleep.
A licensed psychologist reported the teen shows signs of “educational deprivation” and mental injury due to what Matey possibly put them through.
- ‘Tiger King’ legal team expects Trump pardon; planning ‘hair, makeup, wardrobe’ and limo for his release
- 3 family members who share birthday are celebrating apart this year during pandemic
- Suspect in 2016 double homicide in Mobile County pleads guilty
- McConnell said Trump ‘fed lies’ to mob about Biden election
- Trump to depart DC for Florida ahead of Biden’s inauguration