UPDATE (7:09 p.m. 12/29/21): Rayshawn Durrell Shoffner was also charged by the Crestview Police Department with:
- Fleeing and Eluding Law Enforcement
- Reckless Driving
- Resisting Law Enforcement
- Driving While License Suspended
- Grand Theft
- Two counts of Assault of Law Enforcement Official
Shoffner allegedly started the chase after he stole a flatbed lumber truck and began to ram several vehicles while driving it, according to a news release from the Crestview Police Department.
OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A man was arrested after leading Crestview Police officers and Florida Highway Patrol on a chase near State Road 85 and Cobbler Lane in Crestview, according to the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office.
Rayshawn Durrell Shoffner, 28, was arrested and charged by the Florida Highway Patrol with:
- Aggravated Fleeing and Eluding
- Reckless Driving Resisting without violence
- Driving While License Suspended or Revoked (DWLSR) with knowledge of second conviction
The chase started after officers suspected Shoffner of carjacking with a weapon. Shoffner then allegedly led officers on a chase through Okaloosa County. Once Shoffner left Crestview’s city limits, troopers from Florida Highway Patrol took over the chase.
Shoffner then stopped his flatbed truck in Laurel Hill, where he was arrested by troopers.
No one was injured, according to the release.