FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. (WKRG) — The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office took 6 men in custody who they said tried to arrange sex online with what they believed was a 14-year-old girl.
Operation Safe Summer targeted sexual predators by having undercover officers pose as 14-year-old girls online.
- 32-year-old Densworth Hendricks of Destin
- 44-year-old Steven Hooper of Fort Walton Beach
- 45-year-old John Staggs of Shalimar
- 28-year-old Jordan Towery of Milton
- 22-year-old Miguel Santa Maria of Opelika Alabama
- 57-year old Walter Mochel of Shalimar
The four-day operation led the suspects into custody on July 9 in Fort Walton Beach. OCSO said more suspects are in custody and charges are pending.
OCSO said online crimes and sexual crimes against children remain top priorities for the department.