OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — An Okaloosa County Department of Corrections officer has died from COVID-19 according to a Facebook post from Okaloosa County Board of Commissioners:
“Jason Goen passed away at West Florida Hospital, after a hard-fought battle with COVID-19,” the post reads, “Officer Goen consistently represented the best of our department’s spirit on a nightly basis and all the way up until his untimely passing. Officer Goen Ended his Watch on Friday, January 1, 2021. Jason was effortlessly kind, receptive, supportive, and naturally gifted as an officer.”
Jason’s family has scheduled an open visitation on Thursday, January 7, from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m at Brackney Funeral Home in Crestview, Florida. Jason’s burial is scheduled the following day on Friday, January 8, at 2:00 p.m. The location is Liveoak Park Memorial Cemetery in Crestview, Florida.
- Pensacola city council votes to not evict homeless under I-110, commits to help them
- Is it safe to get the COVID-19 and flu vaccine at the same time?
- Only 6 weeks out, New Orleans Film Festival sports most diverse lineup in event history
- More than 4 pounds of methamphetamine found in a traffic stop, Dothan police say
- Man wanted for questioning in fatal shooting of former Pine Forest quarterback