ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — UPDATE (7:15 p.m. 10/20/20): The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office says the man who fired shots at deputies on Tuesday has died.
A man was shot by Escambia County deputies Tuesday after he opened fire at deputies, according to the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office.
At about 12:30 p.m., deputies responded to a call on the 1400 block of Canal Way for suicide threats. When deputies arrived, the man had a gun and was threatening suicide on the beach at the 1300 block of Sandy Key Drive. Deputies say they tried to talk to the man, and he shot at deputies. Deputies returned fire.
No deputies were injured. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the incident. The condition of the man is not known.
- No weapon found on Baldwin County High School Campus
- Mobile police respond to shooting near Trinity Gardens Park
- Unique scheduling forces Saints Falcons re-match just two weeks apart
- Monroe County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing man with medical issues
- Mardi Gras in the fall? Mobile County Health Officer urges organizations to move parades