OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) – The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s office says a 16-year-old girl was beaten with a baseball bat and punched outside her home in the Bluewater Bay area Tuesday night. Deputies say the violence was over a boy. The victim had several facial bruises, a sprained ankle and other non-life threatening injuries.
The brutal beating was captured on camera and uploaded to Snapchat. Sloan Carlson Raney, 18, of Niceville, was charged with aggravated battery. Deputies say she hit the victim with her fists, not the bat. The investigation is ongoing.
- Mobile community prays for healthcare workers at ‘Light it Up Mobile’
- Coronavirus prayer movement makes it way through Mobile
- First glimpse inside Louisiana’s makeshift hospital during coronavirus pandemic
- Prosecutor: Man charged with felonies for claiming to spread COVID-19 to shopping carts, police car
- PPD: Man served child neglect warrant, charged for resisting arrest in Pensacola