OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) – The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s office says a 16-year-old girl was beaten with a baseball bat and punched outside her home in the Bluewater Bay area Tuesday night. Deputies say the violence was over a boy. The victim had several facial bruises, a sprained ankle and other non-life threatening injuries.
The brutal beating was captured on camera and uploaded to Snapchat. Sloan Carlson Raney, 18, of Niceville, was charged with aggravated battery. Deputies say she hit the victim with her fists, not the bat. The investigation is ongoing.
- FBI investigating reported assault on Black man in Indiana
- Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival canceled due to COVID-19 concerns
- CAREN Act: San Francisco ordinance would charge Karens who call 911 over racial bias
- US sets single-day record for new coronavirus cases with over 60,000
- Two-time world champion snowboarder Alex Pullin dies in spearfishing accident