OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) – The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s office says a 16-year-old girl was beaten with a baseball bat and punched outside her home in the Bluewater Bay area Tuesday night. Deputies say the violence was over a boy. The victim had several facial bruises, a sprained ankle and other non-life threatening injuries.
The brutal beating was captured on camera and uploaded to Snapchat. Sloan Carlson Raney, 18, of Niceville, was charged with aggravated battery. Deputies say she hit the victim with her fists, not the bat. The investigation is ongoing.
- Mexico, U.S. reach last-minute deal on water debt payment
- Cooking with John: Autumn Beef and Cider Stew
- No. 2 Alabama looks to keep rolling vs struggling Tennessee
- Slam Dunk: Jordan picks 23 for car number of new NASCAR team
- Warmer afternoon, scattered showers tomorrow