FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. (WKRG) — Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office arrested an 18-year-old Defuniak Springs teen for his alleged involvement in an armed robbery on Okaloosa Island last July.
Shakeem Thomas was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, robbery with a firearm, and possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
Officers say two Illinois tourists were walking along Santa Rosa Boulevard on Okaloosa Island around midnight when they saw a red Sedan following them. The car came to a stop when Thomas got out of the passenger seat and held one of them at gunpoint, demanding money. She then complied, giving him a small amount of cash. Afterwards, he and the driver left the area.
According to OCSO, witnesses were able to get a good description of the car; including the license tag number, leading the investigation to Thomas.
An additional arrest is pending, say officers.
- BBB says 80% of online shoppers have been scammed in 2020
- Kimber Arms moves corporate headquarters from New York to Alabama
- BCSO: Search for stolen trailer hauling John Deere tractor
- Baldwin County prepping for more tropical weather
- Grand jury indicts man in deadly Navarre stabbing