RELEASE FROM THE OKALOOSA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
DESTIN, Fla (WKRG) — A Destin man reportedly doing swimming and breathing exercises at a Destin pool drowned Monday.
First responders were called to a pool at 4111 Commons Drive around 3:30 p.m. after 29-year-old
Brennan May of that address was found limp on the pool bottom.
Witnesses say May was a Navy diver attending the Naval Explosives Ordnance Disposal School at
Eglin. They told deputies he had been swimming the length of the pool underwater as training. May had reportedly come up briefly and chatted with his wife before going back underwater and lying on the bottom. After he had been in the water for a number of minutes, his wife went to check on him. She found he was limp and not breathing.
He was pulled from the pool by bystanders who assisted with rescue breathing and CPR until first
May was transported to the Destin E.R., where he was pronounced deceased just before 4 p.m. The pool’s depth ranges from 3’6” to 4’6”.
- Cold Weather Shelter in Santa Rosa County to open
- FHP: Motorcyclist dead after impaired 24-year-old pulls out in front of him
- ONLY ON NEWS 5: Hear from the family of teen killed on Thanksgiving
- Cold Case Mystery: Mobile mother missing for 20 years
- Georgia family uses Christmas lights as a way to give back