DESTIN, Fla. (WKRG) —
UPDATE (5/8) — An autopsy by the District One Medical Examiner’s Office Thursday concluded there was no foul play in the death of a homeless man whose body was discovered Wednesday morning near a wooded lot in Destin.
The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office says the man is identified as 59-year old Lawrence Koski.
Toxicology reports are pending.
ORIGINAL STORY (5/7) — The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a suspicious death near a wooded lot in Destin.
Deputies were called to an area near 1021 U.S. Highway 98 around 9 a.m. after a 911 call in reference to a dead body discovered nearby. Investigators on the scene say the body appears to have been there for a period of time. An autopsy is being scheduled to gather additional information and evidence.
Based on initial findings, the OCSO is treating the death as suspicious and will release more information at a later time.
- North Mobile County License Commission, Revenue Commission offices to be closed due to power outages
- US economy notches record growth in third quarter but recovery incomplete
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida
- Netflix raises subscription prices
- No substantial erosion reported yet at Baldwin beaches following Hurricane Zeta