Unedited press release from OCSO:
The OCSO is investigating an apparent hit and run that critically injured a pedestrian in Destin around 11:30 last night.
A 9-1-1 call came in referencing a man in the roadway on Highway 98 in Destin near Opa Locka Lane.
Deputies found a man wearing shorts and no shirt on the road with serious injuries. He was taken to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center as a trauma alert.
Anyone with information is asked to please contact the OCSO at 850-651-7400 or Emerald Coast Crime Stoppers at 800-863-TIPS, EmeraldCoastCrimeStopper.com, or by the P3 Tips mobile application.
- Curfew lifted for unincorporated areas of Baldwin County
- Happiness class — free online — is most popular at Yale, especially during pandemic
- “Thriller Nights of Light” to kickoff Friday in Mobile at Hank Aaron Stadium
- ESPN: NFL doctor accidentally punctured QB’s lung
- Road to Recovery: Staff works to clean up mess Hurricane Sally left on Orange Beach