WALTON COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A Walton County school teacher is arrested after soliciting a romantic relationship with a student and sending inappropriate photos via text message.
Robert Hartness, 52, was arrested by the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Thursday on a Walton County Sheriff’s Office arrest warrant.
Hartness is a teacher at South Walton High School in Santa Rosa Beach.
The charges stem from a student who reported the teacher sent inappropriate images and attempted an inappropriate relationship with her over text message, WCSO adds.
Hartness is charged with soliciting a romantic relationship with a student as an authority figure and use of a two-way communication device to facilitate a felony. He was arrested and booked into the Okaloosa County Saturday, Dec. 28. He was denied bond.
- Pet of the Week: Ray Ray likes to please
- Texas couple reunites for first time since pandemic for 50th wedding anniversary
- Newsfeed Now: Chauvin trial enters third week; Matsuyama becomes 1st Japanese Masters winner
- ⚾ WANTED: MLB Food Tester – Get paid $500 to eat hot dogs and watch baseball🌭
- National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day