ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — The Florida Department of Transportation says crews plan to open Nine Mile Road to four travel lanes between Interstate 10 and Navy Federal Way beginning Friday, Dec. 20.
The work further west on Nine Mile Road will require westbound drivers in the outside lane to turn right at Navy Federal Way.
All construction activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or re-scheduled in the event of inclement weather.
View this post on Instagram
Here’s another view of fresh asphalt as it is placed on Nine Mile Road between Eleven Mile Creek and Navy Federal Way. The Nine Mile Road improvement project is a $46 million effort that is widening the roadway from two to four travel lanes between Beulah Road and U.S. 29. The work will enhance safety, improve mobility, and reduce congestion for the estimated 19,000 drivers who travel this section of Nine Mile Road daily.
- Here are the winning numbers for the Powerball jackpot worth $640 million
- Murder investigation underway after man found shot dead behind Alabama church
- MCHD: Nearly 950 vaccinated in county’s first COVID-19 vaccination event
- Cold tonight, warm and dry trend ahead
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant