Mother of disabled son loses everything in early morning house fire

Northwest Florida
her home_1544480156706.jpg.jpg

PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — One Pensacola mother who has a 10-year-old son with Cerebral Palsy lost everything in an early morning house fire.

Hollie Hamilton says she was decorating her home this morning with Christmas decorations when the fire broke out.

“I had an apple cinnamon candle lit and I had a Christmas movie on, and I was decorating the Christmas tree and I sat down to rest but when I got up I saw the orange glow and in a matter of minutes everything was gone,” Hamilton said.

Hamilton says her husband is also disabled, so she was tried to pull everyone in the home out one by one. Hamilton says she takes care of her family. She says her grandmother was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Hamilton says her family barely made it out of the house, her dog did not make it.

She says she does not have a cell phone and her family has nothing for the holidays. If you need to reach Hamilton, she says you can contact her on this temporary number, 850-288-5792.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Videos

More Video

More Local News

3-Day Forecast

Trending Stories