DESTIN, Fla. (WKRG) — The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office has identified the man who drowned snorkeling near Destin’s west jetties Saturday. The snorkeler has been identified at 29-year-old Michael Cole of Byrum, Mississippi.
The sheriff’s office says witnesses saw Cole struggling in the water around 3 p.m. but were unable to help him before he went under. CPR was performed and was taken to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
- FHP: 65-year-old man dies after being struck by SUV on Davis Highway
- Salon trucks bill on its way to Alabama Senate
- Residents hope to stop landfill expansion in Axis
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs found safe; dog walker expected to recover
- VIDEO: Fight breaks out during Vigor-Anniston semi-final basketball game