DESTIN, Fla. (WKRG) — The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office has identified the man who drowned snorkeling near Destin’s west jetties Saturday. The snorkeler has been identified at 29-year-old Michael Cole of Byrum, Mississippi.
The sheriff’s office says witnesses saw Cole struggling in the water around 3 p.m. but were unable to help him before he went under. CPR was performed and was taken to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
- Destin hosting 2020 outdoor decorating contest
- Florida librarian dies weeks after teens ran her over with vehicle, deputies say
- Baldwin County Superintendant Tyler releases letter to parents on COVID plan
- Shelters prepare for cold weather during COVID-19 pandemic
- MPD: Man injured after person fires shotgun at his vehicle