ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A man was killed after he lost control of his semi-truck and crashed into trees along U.S. 29 in Escambia County.
John Rivers, 59, of Greeneville, Ala., was driving a Mack semi-truck (empty log truck) northbound on US-29 approaching Ponds Street at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 27. Rivers failed to maintain his lane of travel and collided into trees on the west shoulder.
Rivers was transported to Atmore Community Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased. The crash is pending further investigation.
- Alabama Power: More than 6K Mobile County customers currently without power
- Launch forecast: 50/50 chance weather will cooperate for historic crewed SpaceX launch
- Now is the time to shop with unused gift cards — before it’s too late
- El Paso, Juarez combine for 140 COVID-19 cases, 17 deaths in a single day
- Buffalo shot, nearly decapitated in Tennessee, owner says