UPDATE: Steven Ritchie says it was his 29-year-old nephew Timothy that was shot and killed Sunday night. Ritchey says he found his nephew dead on the street.
“All I want is to find out why they shot my nephew,” Ritchey said. “He was my son. He was my baby. There’s no words to explain.”
ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A man has died in a shooting in Escambia County.
It happened at 7:30 p.m. at 2nd Street and Winthrop Avenue, in the Warrington Area southwest of Pensacola.
Deputies say the victim is a 29-year-old white man.
A few minutes before the shooting, there was a call of shots fired on Baublits Drive near Syrcle Drive about a mile away. Neighbors heard a vehicle speeding away but could not give a description of the vehicle.
Deputies can’t confirm if the two incidents are connected.
- Fund to save Space Camp reaches $1.5 million goal
- Baldwin County Public Schools Superintendent Eddie Tyler issues statement on student’s killed in car crash
- Drier air aloft will keep rain chances low through the rest of the week
- North Myrtle Beach sea turtle patrol finds more than 100 dead hatchlings after hurricane
- Sun Belt Conference announces football season beginning Labor Day weekend