PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Jury selection began Monday for the man accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a woman back in 2019.
Joshua Edwards will be in the Escambia County Courthouse as the trial is expected to start later this week. Investigators say the crimes were motivated by race, and Edwards is part of the Aryan Brotherhood Gang.
Deputies say Edwards kidnapped the victim at gunpoint at a gas station, while high on drugs. He then allegedly made her drive to a park where he allegedly sexual assaulted her and made her take drugs as well.
Deputies say Edwards also carjacked a second victim, and left both the women together and they called police. Edwards was later arrested outside the Walmart on Blue Angel Parkway.
The trial is expected to start Thursday.
- A chilly start to our Halloween!
- Two killed in mobile home fire in Escambia County, FL
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event happening Saturday
- Two shootings overnight in Escambia County, FL
- Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird announce engagement on social media