PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — NAS Pensacola shooting victim Ryan Blackwell posted a video to Facebook Sunday, expressing his appreciation of the support and love he has received from the community.
Blackwell was shot when a gunman opened fire in a classroom at NAS Pensacola on Dec. 6, killing three sailors and injuring eight others.
“I’m doing well and I appreciate your support, your love, everyone coming to visit and their prayers,” Blackwell said. “I expect to make a full recovery in a matter of time. I’m thankful to be here. I took some rounds and saved some people in the process … I’m still trying to piece everything together. Keep sending your prayers and I’m gonna keep fighting.”
- Online state surplus property auction set for this week
- Big Game Bound: Live at 1pm ET with Hall of Fame RB Barry Sanders
- Miami University students tested for possible coronavirus, school officials say
- Local artist without arms, legs creates intricate watercolor paintings, Valentine’s Day cards
- Mahomes Mania in Miami: Love for the Chiefs QB extends well beyond Kansas City