PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — NAS Pensacola shooting victim Ryan Blackwell posted a video to Facebook Sunday, expressing his appreciation of the support and love he has received from the community.
Blackwell was shot when a gunman opened fire in a classroom at NAS Pensacola on Dec. 6, killing three sailors and injuring eight others.
“I’m doing well and I appreciate your support, your love, everyone coming to visit and their prayers,” Blackwell said. “I expect to make a full recovery in a matter of time. I’m thankful to be here. I took some rounds and saved some people in the process … I’m still trying to piece everything together. Keep sending your prayers and I’m gonna keep fighting.”
- Second stimulus checks: No relief deal until after election, report suggests
- BIKER DAD: Riders escort soldier back to his hometown 7 decades after he went MIA in Korea
- Senate Republicans ramp up support for Barrett confirmation ahead of first vote
- Army veteran, former high school athlete coaches perseverance
- Alabama Lt. Gov. Ainsworth tests positive for COVID-19