SANTA ROSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A grand jury in Northwest Florida has indicted a man in connection with a deadly stabbing in September.
Courtney Howell is accused of stabbing and killing his girlfriend, Samantha Huffman, and his stepfather, John Hendricks, at a home on Bob White Circle in Navarre on September 13.
Howell was initially charged with two counts of second-degree murder. The grand jury upgraded one of those charges to first-degree murder, according to a news release from the State Attorney’s Office.
Howell is due back in court November 17 for a status hearing.
- FHP: Motorcyclist dead after impaired 24-year-old pulls out in front of him
- ONLY ON NEWS 5: Hear from the family of teen killed on Thanksgiving
- Cold Case Mystery: Mobile mother missing for 20 years
- Georgia family uses Christmas lights as a way to give back
- Police: Texas biker was doing wheelies before deadly crash