PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG)– Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced a nearly $5 million job growth grant to Pensacola International Airport Wednesday.
At the press conference, Gov. DeSantis joined Pensacola city leaders to present the grant. The money will be used for infrastructure enhancements.
The project should be starting at STE engineering this fall and should take the next few years. They will be building more hangars. This will bring in more than 1,000 jobs.
Gov. DeSantis says when the state of the art project is complete, there will be four aviation repair hangars, office buildings and warehouse facilities. Officials say the project will improve the aviation industry here in Northwest, Florida. The governor says there are rules to how the city can use the grant money.
“It’s got to be for either infrastructure tied to economic development or workforce development tied to economic opportunity,” DeSantis said.
Watch the full press conference below:
- First glimpse inside Louisiana’s makeshift hospital during coronavirus pandemic
- Prosecutor: Man charged with felonies for claiming to spread COVID-19 to shopping carts, police car
- PPD: Man served child neglect warrant, charged for resisting arrest in Pensacola
- Warm and dry tomorrow, storms possible Tuesday
- West Virginia nurse spreads joy amid COVID-19 pandemic by hosting cake giveaway