FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. (WKRG) — Several calls were made to the Fort Walton Beach Police Department in reference to a man in distress in the waterway.
Marcos Martinez was found on a small raft with no way to move forward. Martinez fell off the raft as it drifted under a bridge. He held on to a piling.
The U.S. Coast Guard’s assistance was requested, as well as Florida Fish and Wildlife, and Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Marine units.
The FWB Police describes the incident in a Facebook post:
- 40-percent of Democrats undecided in congressional race
- EMS employee arrested, accused of breaking into Grove Hill home while woman slept
- Pensacola Beach toll booth no longer accepting cash starting this spring
- Tuberville campaign says poll shows him leading Republican Senate race
- 5 Things To Do This Weekend: February 21-23