FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. (WKRG) — Several calls were made to the Fort Walton Beach Police Department in reference to a man in distress in the waterway.
Marcos Martinez was found on a small raft with no way to move forward. Martinez fell off the raft as it drifted under a bridge. He held on to a piling.
The U.S. Coast Guard’s assistance was requested, as well as Florida Fish and Wildlife, and Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Marine units.
The FWB Police describes the incident in a Facebook post:
- Husband hides symptoms to visit wife in maternity ward, Strong Hospital officials say
- Thomasville opens landfill for storm debris
- Al. Attorney General announces partnership with eBay to fight price-gouging
- Baja California state troops to get keep people indoors, prevent spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus myths: Treatments