(WKRG) — A Fort Walton Beach area woman has been charged with child neglect after Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office deputies found a six year old child covered with fleas inside a home scattered with dog feces.
58-year old Toni Reid was served a warrant May 1st. OCSO deputies had responded to a Fort Walton Beach area home April 22nd after a child had locked the woman out of the house. Deputies were able to enter and located the child hiding inside a closet. There were also three dogs at the house, including a 17-year old dog that could not walk and was covered with flies.
Dog feces and urine were spread throughout the home. There were also an abundance of flies, multiple knives within the victim’s reach in the kitchen, as well as multiple chemicals on kitchen counters. In addition, deputies discovered the child had only a bare mattress in her bedroom, with a large hole down to the inner springs.
Fleas were found on the child. Deputies also reported becoming covered in fleas while at the residence.
- One man injured following an overnight shooting in Escambia County, Florida
- Mobile Police arrest two on dogfighting charges
- Dry start to the week, tracking Zeta
- Saints depth and young talent on offense shines in 27-24 win
- Florida troopers respond to motorcycle crash in Pensacola