PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Florida Senator Marco Rubio is expected to survey storm damage in areas hit hard by Hurricane Sally in Northwest Florida. Rubio is expected to talk to local officials and people in the communities of Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties.
Flooding and power outages have been persistent problems for days. According to a news release, Rubio is expected to talk about “what federal support is needed to help affected communities begin recovering and rebuilding.”
- California police arrest 27 in EDD scam; 130 debit cards, $150,000 in cash recovered
- Search underway for missing 16-year-old in Montgomery
- Oklahoma twins’ TikTok election video gets millions of views
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane Zeta crashes onshore in storm-weary Louisiana