Unedited press release
At the direction of Gov. Ron DeSantis, the Florida National Guard has activated approximately 500 Soldiers and Airmen in support of Florida’s response to Hurricane Sally. Anticipated mission sets include search and rescue, food and water distribution, shelter support, and route clearance operations in the Panhandle. Additionally, the FLNG is prepared to conduct aerial search and rescue missions beginning tomorrow morning.
Soldiers from the Florida National Guard’s 53rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team have been working with fire departments in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties to rescue people in flooded areas using high-wheeled vehicles, and have been delivering Meals Ready to Eat (MREs) to local shelters.
- Gov. Ivey issues statement in support for nomination of Amy Coney Barrett for SCOTUS
- President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- “If it sounds too good to be true”: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- ‘Sexy COVID’ costumes won’t be made by costume maker Yandy for Halloween 2020
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’