PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — The American Legion, Department of Florida, has seized the Pensacola American Legion Post 33 following a shooting that happened early Thursday morning.
An official with the American Legion confirmed to News 5 the organization was seizing the property. Pensacola Police public information officer Mike Wood told News 5 police were there to assist in keeping the peace as the parent organization seized the Pensacola property.
This seizure follows the Thursday shooting during a party that left a 17-year-old injured.
Pensacola Police say the party was ending when the shot was fired. Police spokesperson Mike Wood says there’s been issues at other teen parties at the American Legion in the past.
“We have had issues from disturbances, to fights, to shots being fired,” Wood said Thursday.
This is a developing story. We will update you as more information becomes available.
- Man, 22, charged with murder after police chase leaves mother of six dead
- Tropical Storm Cristobal continues to strengthen while approaching the Gulf Coast
- Tropical Storm Cristobal Shelters in Mobile County
- Animal Planet star branches out to Gatlinburg to build 8 treehouses
- SpaceX opens era of amateur astronauts, cosmic movie sets