TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WKRG) — The Alabama/Florida state line I-10 COVID-19 screening checkpoint has been deactivated, the Florida Department of Transportation announced Friday morning.
This is in accordance with Governor Ron DeSantis’ Phase 2 Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step plan for Florida’s Recovery.
FDOT is encouraging drivers to drive cautiously and safely while crews are working to deactivate the checkpoint.
However, FDOT says the Interstate 95 checkpoint at the Florida/Georgia state line remains active at this time.
Motorists seeking real-time traffic information should refer to fl511.com/.
- Alabama COVID-19 hospitalizations rise by 400 over 2 weeks
- Mobile City Council to hold special meeting on MPD policies, procedures
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- United Airlines warns employees of potential furloughs
- ‘Strike for Black Lives’ to highlight racism