OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — Five people lost their lives in a car accident on State Road 85 north of State Road 123 Friday morning, according to the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP).
Florida troopers say a vehicle holding four passengers and a driver got off of SR-85 and went into the center median, traveling into the path of another vehicle with a 19-year-old Crestview man behind the wheel.
He was hit on the left side of his vehicle and was pronounced dead. Additionally, the 58-year-old driver of the other vehicle died; including the following passengers, a 55-year-old man, a 49-year-old woman, and a 39-year-old woman. An 8-year-old boy from that same vehicle is in critical condition.
Both lanes of SR-85 were closed and an investigation of the crash continues.
- Jay couple charged in child sex abuse and pornography case
- ‘Tiger King’ legal team expects Trump pardon; planning ‘hair, makeup, wardrobe’ and limo for his release
- 3 family members who share birthday are celebrating apart this year during pandemic
- Suspect in 2016 double homicide in Mobile County pleads guilty
- McConnell said Trump ‘fed lies’ to mob about Biden election