unedited press release
Chipley, Fla. – Today, Sunday, September 20, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will lift traffic restrictions on the Garcon Point Bridge (State Road 281) in Santa Rosa County and re-open the facility to all traffic beginning at 12 p.m. Central Time.
Folllowing an in-depth inspection and tests on the bridge, FDOT engineers have verified that the bridge is structurally sound and all traffic is permitted to traverse the bridge. At this time, the toll suspension on the bridge remains until Wednesday, September 23, at 6am.
FDOT’s number one priority is safety and crews will continue maintenance operations with no anticipated lane closures.
For the latest closures and updates, travelers can access Florida’s 511 service from cell phones, landlines and online at www.FL511.com. For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- Police searching for missing Indiana children who may be in Montgomery area
- Patchy fog, partly cloudy afternoon
- Faith Time: the pandemic’s impact on casual churchgoers
- ALEA issues alert for missing children last seen in Alabama