ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — Florida State Troopers are investigating a fatal motorcycle accident that happened on Highway 98 and Fairfield Drive Wednesday evening.
The accident, that happened around 6:41 p.m. involved a motorcycle and a Toyota Scion. Troopers say Shannon Thorp, 41 was riding her motorcycle traveling west on Highway 98 approaching Fairfield Drive in the left turn lane.
Troopers say a silver Toyota Scion was traveling east on State Road 30, approaching Fairfield Drive in the left lane. Troopers say the motorcyclist attempted to make a left turn on a solid green light to go south on Fairfield turning into oncoming traffic. The Scion hit the right side of the motorcycle.
Thorp was taken to Baptist Hospital where she later died.
- Patient hospitalized for COVID-19 plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- Former dog owner sleeps at animal shelters, comforting pets waiting for forever homes
- Operation Santa helps thousands of children in Northwest Florida
- Jeopardy! shares Thanksgiving message from late host Alex Trebek