CRESTVIEW, Fla. (WKRG) — A family of four had a scare Tuesday after their single-engine plane experienced engine problems.
An Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office media release says the engine problems required the plane be landed in an open field — short of a runway at Bob Sikes Airport bear Crestview.
The sheriff’s office says the incident happened around 4 p.m. and no one was injured.
The FAA is responding. No further information is available at this time.
- Irene Cara, who sang hits from ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance,’ dies at 63
- Motorcade and tribute ceremony continues Saturday in Toulminville
- Four shot at Dauphin Street club in downtown Mobile
- Extreme Iron Bowl Game Day Weather
- When Stephen Fry came to Alabama to watch the Iron Bowl, a ‘local derby between amateur students’