ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — Escambia County turns 200 years old Saturday, July 17, 2021, and the 200th Anniversary Commission wants to celebrate and share the county’s rich history and unique heritage with the public.
Visit the new bicentennial website at visitpensacola.com/200th. The website includes a feature to submit an event for review. Click the “submit an event” tab and fill in the information. Because of COVID-19, event organizers are requested to submit plans that include backup plans, virtual options and precautionary measures.
More information will be added to the 200th anniversary website, like a timeline. Continue to visit the website throughout the year to see more events.
- ‘Pull over now’: 12-year-old driving stolen forklift leads police on hourlong chase
- Stephen Colbert cancels ‘Late Show’ this week after suffering ruptured appendix
- More cities crack down on homeless encampments. Advocates say it’s not an answer
- The Memo: Newsom and DeSantis prepare to square off for Fox debate
- Five redistricting cases that will impact the 2024 elections