ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — Escambia County turns 200 years old Saturday, July 17, 2021, and the 200th Anniversary Commission wants to celebrate and share the county’s rich history and unique heritage with the public.
Visit the new bicentennial website at visitpensacola.com/200th. The website includes a feature to submit an event for review. Click the “submit an event” tab and fill in the information. Because of COVID-19, event organizers are requested to submit plans that include backup plans, virtual options and precautionary measures.
More information will be added to the 200th anniversary website, like a timeline. Continue to visit the website throughout the year to see more events.
- Former NFL star reports for coaching duty at St. Michael Catholic High in Fairhope
- Pensacola city council allows homeless to stay under I-110 for now
- Pay-to-park begins Friday at Gulf State Park Beaches in OBA
- Gender reveal party explosion rattles several New Hampshire towns
- Why car prices are skyrocketing – and may not fall for a while