ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — Deputies have made an arrest in a homicide case from May.
Andrew Justin Missal is charged in the murder of Melisa Tody, whose body was found May 23 at Tuff Shed on Pensacola Boulevard. Several homeless people including Tody were living in a shed at the business, according to the arrest report. Witnesses reported seeing Missal with a large stick going into the shed where Tody was then hearing Tody screaming for help.
A few hours before she was found dead, Tody called a friend for help saying she had trouble breathing. When her friend arrived hours later, he found Missal having sex in the shed with Tody. The woman’s friend chased the suspect away and went back to check on Tody but she was unresponsive.
The medical examiner said Tody died of asphyxia with blunt force injuries of the head and torso.
Missal was arrested without incident Tuesday near Fairfield Drive and I-110, deputies said.
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Scattered storms likely for the rest of the week, Drier pattern next week
- Marty Stuart, Hank Williams Jr., Dean Dillon to be inducted into Country Music Hall of Fame
- $500 million expansion at the AM/NS Calvert Mill
- Tropical Depression Eleven slow to organize, Expected to become Josephine