MILTON, Fla. (WKRG) — UPDATE (1:45 p.m. 5/8) The Florida Highway Patrol is now reporting the dump truck driver who crashed on I-10 Friday had to be transported by helicopter to a local hospital after being rescued by four FHP troopers. He is listed in serious condition.
A dump truck has driven off the road near Blackwater River Bridge in Milton.
The truck drove through a guard rail and crashed into Blackwater River. The Interstate 10 crash is not life-threatening, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. FHP says the crash was not caused by smoke from the Five Mile Swamp wildfire firefighters are working to put out.
I-10 reopened Friday afternoon after being closed due to the fire for the last few days.
- Ole Miss to require face masks on campus regardless of vaccination status
- Mississippi State temporarily requiring face masks for employees, students
- Auburn University requiring masks, urge vaccinations against COVID-19
- State Department investigating whereabouts of $5,800 bottle of whisky gifted to Mike Pompeo
- Veterans Affairs expanding benefits and processing additional disability claims