DESTIN, Fla. (WKRG) — The City of Destin and Okaloosa County is planning on spending $22 million dollars to create the “Gateway to Crystal Beach.” This will give more public access to the beaches in the popular tourist town.
Three properties at Crystal Beach Park in Destin are up for purchase with the Trust for Public Land. The City of Destin has pledged $9,000,000 and Okaloosa County $13,000,000 for the project.
The “Gateway to Crystal Beach” is now a reality thanks to the partnership between the City of Destin, The Okaloosa County Board of County Commissioners and the Tourist Development Council.
Find out more about the project below.
- Pensacola PD raising suicide awareness through story of one of their own
- Florida businesses back to full capacity in Phase Three of reopening
- Man shot several times on Lillian Highway in Pensacola
- Birmingham chef, friends feed service workers in Pensacola during Sally recovery
- Florida deputies arrest Pace man for threats made to UWF through online gaming system