DESTIN, Fla. (WKRG) – The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office says a man has been going door-to-door asking for cash, promising to pay back what he borrowed but never returns.
Deputies say the man is in his 50s or 60s with a cane. The OCSO says the man tells residents his wife’s car broke down and needs money to fix it.
If you see him don’t give him anything. Deputies also want to remind residents to never open your door to strangers and to be mindful of who you give money to.
- Don’t come home for Easter, Mexican government tells its citizens abroad
- MCHD: 0-4 year old child tests positive for COVID-19
- University of Arkansas virtual choir’s singing of ‘Alma Mater’ goes viral
- Costco to give health care workers, first responders priority access to stores during coronavirus crisis
- LIVE NOW: Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies