UPDATE (3:23 PM) — A 12-year-old child passed away after a major accident on State Road 8 (I-10) west of CR-191 in Santa Rosa County Sunday morning at 11:25.
Troopers say a Sedan driving westbound on SR-8 tried to merge into the left lane but made impact with the right side of a pickup truck, causing it to overturn.
According to an accident report, the child was listed to be in the pickup truck. The injuries of the others involved in the crash range from minor to critical.
The driver of the Sedan was an 18-year-old woman who came away with minor injuries, while her passenger was reported to have no injuries. Those in the pickup truck were a 26-year-old man with serious injuries, a 37-year-old woman in a critical state, an 8-year-old boy with serious injuries, a 12-year-old girl with minor injuries, and the 12-year-old girl who was pronounced dead on the scene.
The westbound lanes of State Road 8 were blocked while the investigation was on-going, say troopers.
SANTA ROSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A crash that ended in the center median on I-10 occurred in Santa Rosa County. There is no information on what happened and how many cars were involved.
We will update you when more information is available.
- ‘Tiger King’ legal team expects Trump pardon; planning ‘hair, makeup, wardrobe’ and limo for his release
- 3 family members who share birthday are celebrating apart this year during pandemic
- Suspect in 2016 double homicide in Mobile County pleads guilty
- McConnell said Trump ‘fed lies’ to mob about Biden election
- Trump to depart DC for Florida ahead of Biden’s inauguration