WASHINGTON (WKRG) — Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz is self-quarantined after coming in contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
Rep. Gaetz is not experiencing symptoms, the congressman tweeted, adding that he was tested for coronavirus on Monday and expects results soon.
The congressman made headlines last week for wearing a gas mask to a House vote on coronavirus funding.
Several other lawmakers, including Senator Ted Cruz and Representatives Paul Gosar and Doug Collins, have also self-quarantined.
- LIVE: DC update on heightened security at the US Capitol
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell
- COVID-19 vaccine causes swelling picked up on mammograms
- Couple wanted in killing of wife’s co-worker; $10K reward offered
- Tennessee bill would give immunity to drivers who unintentionally hit someone blocking roadway