WASHINGTON (WKRG) — Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz is self-quarantined after coming in contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
Rep. Gaetz is not experiencing symptoms, the congressman tweeted, adding that he was tested for coronavirus on Monday and expects results soon.
The congressman made headlines last week for wearing a gas mask to a House vote on coronavirus funding.
Several other lawmakers, including Senator Ted Cruz and Representatives Paul Gosar and Doug Collins, have also self-quarantined.
- Two teen lacrosse players score goal in fight against hunger
- Trump fires Tennessee Valley Authority chair, cites high pay
- UMS-Wright, Fairhope and Vigor among local teams ranked in ASWA preseason poll
- Four Florida men involved in 4th of July assault now charged with felonies
- Vehicle break-ins reported to Robertsdale PD Monday morning