WASHINGTON (WKRG) — Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz is self-quarantined after coming in contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
Rep. Gaetz is not experiencing symptoms, the congressman tweeted, adding that he was tested for coronavirus on Monday and expects results soon.
The congressman made headlines last week for wearing a gas mask to a House vote on coronavirus funding.
Several other lawmakers, including Senator Ted Cruz and Representatives Paul Gosar and Doug Collins, have also self-quarantined.
- DPD: Missing and endangered elderly Daphne man
- US lawmakers look into threat assessment from Jan. 6 attack
- Top Stories May 10: The world’s happiest dog, NFL player spends 10 months working in healthcare
- Medical Moment: Children and COVID-19 vaccine
- BIG DAWG US Air Force Vessel dropped into Gulf as artificial reef