MILTON, Fla (WKRG) — A cold weather shelter for the homeless and/or heatless will open Sat., Jan. 4, at Ferris Hill Baptist Church, 6848 Chaffin St. in Milton.
Those who would like to stay at the shelter must arrive between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. No one will be admitted after 8:30 p.m. unless brought in by law enforcement. The shelter closes at 7 a.m. each morning.
Santa Rosa County’s cold-weather shelter is operated by Ferris Hill Baptist Church, utilizing volunteer resources and donations. It opens each night weather is forecasted to drop below 40 degrees, typically December through March. The shelter is for people who are homeless or cannot maintain heat in their home, can care for themselves, and are not at risk to themselves or others. No one will be admitted to the shelter who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, unable to walk unaided or disoriented.
- Barrett confirmed as Supreme Court justice in partisan vote
- Mother, son no longer living in shed post-Sally after help from the community
- Mobile Police investigating robbery and kidnapping at Wells Fargo
- Man arrested for burglary at Burroughs Elementary
- Infant allegedly thrown to her death by father identified