NEW ORLEANS— The Coast Guard helped rescue a man aboard a sailboat due to the weather offshore Destin, Florida, Thursday.
The Coast Guard received a report at 10:25 a.m. of the sailboat stuck at anchor with one person aboard in the Gulf of Mexico approximately 1 mile offshore Destin.
Sector watchstanders launched a 45-foot Response Boat-Medium crew from Coast Guard Station Destin to assist the man.
The Coast Guard says the boatcrew arrived on-scene at 11:29 a.m. and transported the man safely to shore.
- Mark Wahlberg donates 1.3M face masks to schools across the country
- GOP senators continue meetings with SCOTUS nominee as Democrats boycott
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
- Bars on Dauphin St. are ready for late nights
- California Highway Patrol arrests biker suspected of hitting 181 mph, escaping several chases