DESTIN, Fla. (WKRG) — The Coast Guard rescued a father and son in the water Thursday evening near Destin Harbor.
Chris Best, 52, and his 4-year-old son were rescued. The Coast Guard says both were recovered and returned to shore with no reported injuries.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Mobile received a report at about 3 p.m. of a disabled personal watercraft being swept offshore by currents with two people in the water, about 2 miles off East Bay.
Coast Guard Sector Mobile diverted a Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile HC-144 Ocean Sentry airplane aircrew and a Coast Guard Station Destin 45-foot Response Boat-Medium boatcrew to the area. The RB-M crew was able to locate and recover both father and son, and safely transported them back to the station.
- Keys to the Game: Panthers at Saints
- Friday Night Football Fever Week 10 results
- Drexel On The Road: Backyard Game Brings Relief From The Pandemic Blues
- Best seat for the Trump Rally may not be what you think
- BIKER DAD: Wisconsin police search for road raging biker who pulled a gun on a family