UPDATE (11/8) — The Coast Guard has suspended their search for the missing airman in the water near Destin Friday evening.
Coast Guard air and boat crews spent over 130 hours onscene and searched more than 4,909 square-nautical miles over the course of four days but were unable to locate the airman.
OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) – The Coast Guard, the Air Force and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission are continuing their search for a missing airman who fell from a plane in the water off the coast of Destin Tuesday.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Mobile received a report at about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday to aid in locating the airman who fell out of a C-130 aircraft over the Gulf of Mexico.
- Pharaohs Mystic Society cancels 2021 Mardi Gras parade and ball
- Manager tells customer over mask controversy: ‘You are not the mask police’
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets
- FHP: Multiple deaths in Okaloosa County crash
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s how Biden might try to boost the economy